25 March 2008

what do you think they mean...

when they say "if you feel dizzy, faint, shortness of breath, or chest pain; discontinue use and consult your doctor."?

That's all I could think about when I tried out the elliptical machine for the 2nd time. Of course, it didn't help that my TV wasn't working. I will tell you this, if I hadn't taken my kids to childcare and if there weren't other people in the room when I got there, I most certainly would've quit when I reached muscle failure at 3 minutes and 17 seconds (which was about 9 seconds less than the last time I *worked-out*.)

Round three tomorrow. We'll see how that goes... At least I know how to make it go forward instead of reverse now. I just keep reminding myself its for good mental health and a healthy heart...its for good mental health and a healthy heart...its for good mental health and a healthy heart...

Thankfully, the childcare center is right across the street from the gym and the boys are in the same room with one another...and they are starting to like it! I think eventually it will be a beneficial time for all of us.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the exercise! It is good for mental health and physical health. If only it was more like chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word...that is SOOO funny. Oh, can I relate to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's okay that you went backwards. The machine is designed to do that. It actually harder for you to do that. They also use that for people with injured knees or ankles. Love you...keep it up and I wont know who you are when I get back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only thing that will be different is that I won't be out of breath after climbing the flight of stairs at church =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! remember, endorphins make you happy = ) even if your legs are jello when you go get the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish I was there to work out with you! I sure need a work out buddy & you seem so determined! Hope it gets a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll tell you what I always tell Megs at the gym...just call on that inner cheerleader. She won't let you down.

    Give me an A! Give me an M! Give me another...just kidding.

    Seriously, keep it up...it really is good for mind and body. At least that is what I tell myself everyday.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the elliptical. I can't wait to get the ok to get back into a good workout. That will be the first thing I get on. Sandy

    ReplyDelete