23 March 2008

holidays and deployment...

unfortunately, Brad wasn't able to call or get online today, so we didn't hear how his Easter celebration went. I remember the first Easter that we were apart getting a little teary at church--maybe even feeling a little sorry for myself. But then I was reminded of all the blessings that I do have thanks to the Resurrection of my Savior, and wondered why should I feel sorry for myself? Don't misread this, I'm not saying its easy, but perspective can work wonders on days like this! Thank you for your many prayers today, we truly had a wonderful day...
We have missed a Thanksgiving together (Fort Jackson, BCT), a Christmas (Camp Phoenix, Afghanistan) and now two Easters (Fort Sam Houston, AIT and HOA). But, we've never been apart for a birthday. And with this deployment, we may be apart for all of our birthdays. I have to be honest, I'm glad hers is the first one...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (not so) FLUFFY PUPPY!
Our big Muskoka on the Rocks turned 1 today! Here she is with her present. The first toy Wilson picked (before we even had her) was a hamburger. She just got another one at Christmas, but when Wilson saw this, he HAD to get it for her! (Don't you love the squints from the flash?)
***I forgot to tell you that when I was taking Mussy's picture, I said, "Stay,Skoka, stay..."
And Wilson says in his most sympathetic voice,
"Its ok, Skoka, she does this to us EVERY month!"***

Just a reminder of how she looked when she came to us..

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday 'Skoka! She sure has been a blessing to you, at least I think she is....one of the sweetest pooches I've ever met...Papau can't wait to meet her, can you believe he has never seen her in person yet? Give her a great big hug from yaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog! Looks like her hair is growing back! It is so neat to raise boys and a dog together...great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I love the hat... and the fact that she actually "sits and stays" when you tell her to. In addition to those tricks... I know she loves to get the paper for you...What a GREAT dog you have. The pics are great... why do you set the bar so high???? We are planning Princess' next birthday(not until Jan.. so I have some time).

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC says that's just wrong...and Brad would never let you do that...I don't know. I bet he would! I never saw her as a pup - how cute!

    ReplyDelete