07 April 2014

that time Brad spoke at church

My thoughts are still swirling about Brad speaking with our Pastor at church this weekend.


I think I either had a dreamy-smile on my face or I was wiping  away tears throughout all three services.

Yes, because I love that man that was up there.

But even more so because I love our Father who called that man up there.  And hearing the story this way, just captivated me all over again.

I wish I could say that I have been 100% on the same page every step of this journey.  There were times that Brad would tell me something and I just thought, "Well that seems a little unrealistic."  When he told me he walked around the church 7 times praying circles?  I don't remember exactly what I said, but I know for sure I didn't say, "Wow! that was a super idea!"

As God started opening doors -- by opening hearts for these foster-care-kiddos -- He opened my heart too.  I began to grasp that Brad's passion for children-in-crisis was placed there by God, and I surely didn't want to get in the way of that.  Sometime in the fall, God and I had a distinct heart to heart about our circumstances.  I was praying over something very specific + time sensitive asking, "God please work out the details."

Not a moment went by and I felt the impression that He replied, "I already have. Pray that your eyes would be open to how I have worked them out."

It was a bit of an "ouch!" but it quickly faded into a smile, because, of course, God.  And also? These specific details would have to be worked out within 24 hours anyway.  So I felt that sense of God confirming things.  However, He added one more thing.

"Same with Brad's next job."

Wait, what?  We had no idea when his final-out date would be at that point.  This was going to be a lot more waiting with a much bigger question mark at the end.  My response was considerably more stoic and a lot less warm + fuzzy.  But I treasured the moment. 

Since then, I have repeatedly prayed about Brad's next job, reminding myself (and if I'm honest, reminding God) that He has already worked out the details.  Begging Him that my eyes would be open to how He has worked them out.

Meanwhile, God has been blowing us away at every step.  We still do not have a definite plan for housing or employment; but I have no fear.  I promise that is only God.

Honestly, I feel like if I added a list of the things God has revealed to us in the last couple weeks it would sound like bragging.  I mean really.  God has been over-the-top in little + big ways reminding me that He knows every detail.  Well.

Brad speaking at church yesterday was just a moment to take in God's glory.  Brad has never had the goal of speaking.  He never hoped to be on stage.  He just followed God's lead.  If a door was in front of him, He knocked  + prayed + waited until God opened it.  Then he walked through the door with confidence because he knew Who opened it.  It has been so amazing to watch.  And fun!

My husband, the recently-medically-retired-E5-Army-medic, spoke at the biggest church in Columbus, Georgia yesterday.  Only God makes that sort of thing happen.

He has big plans and it is such a humbling honor to be a part of this work.

If you want to see a bit of our story and hear about how our church is stepping in to care for our foster care community, you can watch the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment