28 September 2009

Farewell Party

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. - Robert Bach
The Clements' family hosted a farewell party in our honor this weekend. The above quote was on the invitations. Barbie assured me that if it were scheduled early enough from the departure date, than it would be fun and not sad. And she was so right. We had a wonderful time with so many of our dear friends. Of course, there was tons of delicious food and beautiful weather...
Logan decorated our cake...

And the kiddos could hardly wait to pick out their piece...

...they were quite pleased. It was rather yummy, and Brad's favorite - white cake!!!

Barbie had asked Wilson a few weeks back about what games to play at the party. He only had one suggestion, "Pinata!" (that boy loves pinatas!) I think the other kids were pretty happy with his suggestion as well!

And here is the big man's loot. We made him share a bit with his brother... (and maybe me too).

Earlier in the evening, the kids kept themselves entertained with plastic spoons and soil...
...it was fun to watch them happily dig in the dirt with their miniature shovels.


Brad, JC, and Curry joyfully agreed to a picture...

And here is a collage of us with each of the families that were at the party (...except for a few who had already left before we did our posed photos.) Treasures for sure. (You can click on the collage to see the pictures better.)


Wilson is counting down the days left of September. He is anxious, but also a bit excited. I got a little teary a few weeks ago at PWOC when I passed out some invites to this party - a friend said, "Be thankful for the tears, they show that you really lived here. It wouldn't be hard if you hadn't." God is good. He is giving me a lot of peace about this move. I know He has great plans for our family - always.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are surrounded by great friends! God is good. I am sure he has some pretty wonderful things planned for your family. Praying still for your move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to crash this party! Love you guys and I am so glad you've been surrounded by friends that God has sent your way. Can't wait to see what he has in store! Love you all! Thank you Barbie for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I love looking at your boys' faces in all the snapshots in the collage!

    2) My husband is a dork (said w/love, of course)

    3) We will miss you terriby!

    4) Barbie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that you have such great friends there - I can't wait to hear about all the NEW friends you'll make in GA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, it was my family's pleasure to host the party for you. We were very blessed that day with great weather, happy children and good friends. You will be missed dearly but I know that God has great things planned for you and your family in Ga. (our paths will cross again....since I will only be a few hours from you).
    Thanks Jenn for that sweet comment(and thanks for helping me pull off this party).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Amanda! You are so lucky to have found such wonderful AND wise friends! I love the quote on the invites because it is so true. Remember, you are a military family which means that you will be reunited with old friends periodically for many years to come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet was that? Such a blessing to have great friends in your life. You will stay connected for sure!

    ReplyDelete