01 September 2009

Hooah!

(please forgive me, Blogger and I are not on speaking terms because everytime I load pictures they appear in a different order. Back in the day {when I blogged regularly} I knew which order they would appear. I think Blogger changed...but maybe its just me. With that said, the pictures aren't in the correct order).

PROMOTED! To say it has been a long time coming is an understatement. God has been faithful through the ups and downs as we waited. Most of which we have shared here, so I won't give you a play by play... Now on to the pictures.

Afterwards, Brad got to say a few words of thanks... see the stripes?? Before the ceremony, the Sgt Major was chatting with us... you can see Wilson was unimpressed with the small talk.

Here's the picture when I "pinned" him. Technically, I "velcroed" him. I found out this weekend that I was supposed to punch him after I pinned him. I think I did alright ;)

This was before things got started but after we were told where to stand in the room. There were soldiers all around the perimeter of the room. Wilson said, "Miss Barbie was the only one not wearing a uniform."
And here is the family shot before the room filled up. Wilson was excited. Originally the ceremony was going to be outside this morning at 9am, but this morning some paperwork wasn't ready so we came back at 1pm. (My hair was way cuter this morning, as if that matters).

We are truly blessed. I am overwhelmed by God's grace and love... sometimes I try to figure out all the details in His marvelous plans for us, but I always come up short. I have seen my husband's confidence grow in leaps in bounds - not in himself or his strength - but in God's. After Afghanistan was a low point, but if we hadn't gone there, we might not be here. Resting in the faithfulness of our Father. He is good, all the time.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know how proud we are of you, son. I am sure we don't say it enough and for that we are sorry. May God continue to bless you as you continue to serve Him thru serving in the Army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda for taking the time to put up the photos! Like I told you last night all of us were overjoyed and I really wish I could have been there too! I'll just start planning now to be there for the next promotion! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete