26 July 2010

two truths

I've tried a few times to type up a little thing to tell you all about Mandy Santiago. The last time I tried resulted in a link to a song that I don't even understand (or even like.)

There is no easy way to say it.

Mandy's husband died in Afghanistan last weekend. (click here to read the obituary)

She attends our PWOC. Please pray for her, her family, and her late husband's family. The funeral is this week in Illinois. She will then return to Fort Benning. She can stay in her house on-post for up to 6 months. School starts here August 6 for her middle schooler and August 9 for her high schooler.

Mandy is a member of a very special small group within our PWOC body. Their group began in January and they clicked so well that they continued on their own with a new study through the summer months. Their summer study was "Enhancing Your Marriage." Please pray for each of the ladies in this study with Mandy. They will be the ones that she leans on as she begins to process her loss and thinks through her next steps. (Also keep in mind that some of these ladies have deployed spouses as well, which causes all sorts of emotional issues in the face of their friend's loss).

I am praying that these two truths will bring peace to Mandy and the ladies that love her so deeply.

His ways are higher than our ways.
Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

He is enough.
Philippians 4:19 "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

  1. It is with tears I'm reading this post! another soldier taken, with a family left behind to pick up the pieces and somehow figure out life without him! I'm so deeply sorry. Know that I'm praying and please send me her address so I can pass it on to others who would want to share a card and a prayer. My heart is breaking. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so terrible Amanda. I can't even imagine how she and her kids must feel. Definitely will add her to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete