07 June 2009

there is no one like our God...

so we did all kinds of things to prepare for Brad's arrival... and then found out he would be delayed. Not for too long. Not extended, just delayed. My neighbor joked that it was because I had put the banner out too early. So, quite stubbornly, I vowed to leave it out there. But, the wind kept picking up tonight. So I asked Wilson what he thought, and he was certain that I should take it down. We were watching the Next Food Network Star so I waited until the commercial break. When Walker and I went outside, I immediately turned around to grab the camera... What a beautiful reminder of His promises.
A bit over-the-top in regard to size... I think it was THE biggest rainbow I had ever seen, and it was double almost all the way. I was across the street, but still couldn't get it all in the frame of the camera.
Yep, I do believe my Daddy spoils me. He knew this would be a treasure for all of us.
"...Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me thus far? ...There is no one like you, O Lord, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears."
I Chronicles 17:16b, 20

3 comments:

  1. Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD!!!!

    (no such thing as bad luck)

    Once again you are a witness as to how God continues to love you throughout this deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you consider the fact that the rainbow is made up of just tiny water particles, it makes you realize even more how God's plans would work if we all would open our hearts and allow him to use us in the way he wants to. You and the boys Amanda continue to remind the rest of us that belief with action really works!

    Thanks for the rainbow God!

    ReplyDelete