27 January 2010

not for the faint of heart...


seriously. if that is not a black widow, then I don't know what is...

this beast is right outside our patio door as I type. Thankfully I was able to muster up the strength to knock it off the siding and trap it under a jar. Barbie was fortunate enough to be the one on the other end of the phone walking me through the process. And sadly, I think it was after she turned up the volume on her phone (because I normally have such a dainty phone voice).

I texted my hero, and he will take care of the situation when he arrives home. I just didn't have it in me to try and crush that thing.

4 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    I can tell you from first hand experience that you have truly found a black widow! I know since I had that close up and personal experience in California in the garage while doing laundry....don't let it bite you, just in case! Have some benedryl handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kill the sucker! read my blog about teranchala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is massive! Glad you survived the ordeal!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!! Good thing you have Brad to take care of that. {shivers} I don't think I could smash that one either. ICK!

    ReplyDelete