20 October 2010

book report...x3...

Brad bought me this book last week. I read it in nearly two days. And I am not a reader. So, so very good. I bawled through portions of it. Even had to close it and have a good cry a few times. And yet (and praise God for "and yet"), I was filled with awe for our Creator. Reminded that we don't always get to know why, but that our Father is unchanging. Always.


This is a little book Walker picked up at the library a few weeks ago. (I have been trying to find books about adoption, and initially I thought this was an animal book about the concept of adoption; but it was actually about people adopting a pet. After looking at it together, Walker still decided he wanted to bring it home.) Both times that I read it to him, I had to pause and blink back tears at this one part. The other day I heard Wilson reading it to Walker and I ran downstairs trying to get there before Wilson got to the "sad" part. But he was on the last page. When he finished reading it, I said, "One part in that book made me cry." He turned around and looked at me with teary eyes and said, "Me too." God has given him such an empathetic heart!


And this is a book I read quite a few months ago. Well, I used birthday money to buy it, so I guess it was in May. When I read it, I felt like it kind of captured a lot of what had been going on in my head and my heart in regard to adoption. I picked it up and started reading it again this week. And yes, there are a few tears when I read this one too. Some people strongly dislike this book because of some of the things Russell Moore says in regard to adoption practices. (However, he is speaking from his personal experience and not authoring a book instructing all adoptive families about best practices. Big difference.) I really appreciated it and I highly recommend it to anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Amanda. Your uncle Tom didn't read much when we first were married. But now he always has a book, it also helps when he travels to have a book to read. (I hope I didn't bore him into reading. HA!) But he does now enjoy reading! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think i want to read choosing to see...i bet it is super sad...

    ReplyDelete