03 April 2008

i ♥ google!

yeah, that's right, I ♥ google! (Brad, I of course ♥ you way more). You see, today was sorta long... my own making, but nonetheless, sorta long. So, I was looking forward to bed time, which would then be my bath time (we'll get to that in a bit). But, before my bath, I wanted to get some laundry done...then I found...red spoltches all over everything!I sorted through all of it until I found the remnants of the offender...Lightening McQueen Red of course!And it had to be stashed in this pocket...its the only pair of Walker's pants in the load. And I know he is Mr. Stickyfingers as of late...I found a fake $5 bill in his pocket that he stole from childcare on Monday (I even jokingly said I am going to have to start checking his pockets...good one)But back to why I ♥ Google. I googled "red crayon out of clothes" and I am satisfied that my search along with my efforts will take care of the incident. And while my clothes soak in steaming hot water, I intend to take a steaming hot bath...made even better by this little surprise in the mail...

Heidi sent me a couple bars of her homemade soap with her $$ for the Reminderbands that I ordered. You know we walk about a block to the mail box, and there was no return address, and I was trying to think who I knew in Kentwood, MI with handwriting that strangely resembled my own...and as I thought about it, I realized that this little envelope smelled delightful. Rather than being struck down by curiosity (you heard about the cat), I had to tear it open right there in the street while holding Walker as Wilson and Muskoka carried on. Oh, of course it was from Heidi. And while I really wanted to put the kids straight to bed as soon as we got home so I could try out the soap, I thought I really had better feed them first... There was a second bar of soap in there, but I used it for the boys' bath. And Heidi, you are not kidding about the lather power of the soap. For those of you that are local, I will probably smell like kumquat for the next few days.


I will let you know if Google's results are successful or not. I am confident that the red crayon will be history after my bath, and if not, I will be on a high from the kumquat scent that I doubt it will matter...

3 comments:

  1. Google is great, isn't it?? You definitely have to watch the pockets of kids, boys especially! I can't even tell you the amount of junk I pull from Bubber's pockets on a regular basis. Hope the hot water trick worked!!

    Mmmm....homemade soap. I love that stuff. And to receive it by surprise in the mail? Excellent! Glad you got to enjoy some last night! The soap was very pretty, my compliments to Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to let us know if the red crayon came out. My mom did the same thing with a winter jacket, she didn't know there was a crayon in the pocket. She ended up replacing the jacket because she couldn't get the crayon out. Aren't you glad you didn't have Walker 1st??? Gotta love em! Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES - I got the crayon out, and to be honest, feel quite proud about it =) Shout Advance, Purex Ultra Concentrate, Vinegar, Baking Soda, and SCALDING hot water...VIOLA!!! There is a bit of crayon left on one of my bras...you know, the one that still has wires in it... but nobody's gonna be seein' that for quite some time.

    Oh, and I didn't bother with the PJs and underwear that were in that load, after it all came out, I kinda wished I had. Que sera sera!

    ReplyDelete