26 July 2008

should I say it again...

...sure, why not? My husband rocks y'all! He did well at the promotion board, you can read about it in his words here. Of course, that is just the tip of the iceberg of all the reasons why that man rocks in my opinion... I got an early anniversary present by mail yesterday. My helpful photographer managed to catch a shot of me trying to tear open a box with a ball point pen--not the best box cutter out there.
aren't they pretty??? and they happened to match my shirt so I got to try them out right away!
they did remind me of three years ago when we were settling in here... I kept eyeing tevas all summer when we would go to the stores around Algonquin... my last pair of teva flip-flops is 8 years old, they were a gift from JB & Amanda when I got back from Africa, those babies hold up!but back to Oklahoma, while Wilson and I were laying down for our nap, we heard the strangest wind gust...it kept getting stronger and stronger, I wondered when it would stop and Wilson looked at me with the biggest eyes as the noise grew... (you gotta understand it is always windy here, this was nothing like the always windy that we are used to). It suddenly stopped, we looked outside and saw this...
very strange indeed.
And finally, I finished my last piece of Uppercase Living (for now). I had the board in my craft closet, and had the paint and ribbon as well. I thought it would be perfect in our bedroom, a great reminder for each day...
I really don't think there is any other way to live through a deployment, technically, I am pretty sure this is how we are all called to be living, but its really no longer an option for me. When the days pile up in my head, when I add them together, it seems insurmountable. A weight beyond what I could lift. But one day, one day by the grace of God, I can make it one day at a time.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:34 (the Message)



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and useful gift! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them. Can i just say, you are mighty creative with that wall decor? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband rocks! One day at a time is the best way to live...and I thank God that we are able to do just that! That was definately a big wind!

    ReplyDelete