01 October 2008

yada, yada, yada

so, I was going to post a few pictures of our days with daddy... but, when I put in the card--no pictures! YIKES! Brad picked Wil up from school today and they are off at the mall on some Nascar simulator ride (or some such). They are then going to rent SpeedRacer for our movie night - which will be Thursday instead of Saturday (and no breakfast for dinner this week as that is only a non-Daddy tradition).

Wil and Daddy made a list of things to do together so nothing gets overlooked. We have reduced Wilson's school attendance to three-days a week while Daddy is home (with the blessing of his teacher, whom I ♥ big time. And we also thank God for blessing our family with her!)

Some discoveries have been made since Daddy's return on the scene... I forgot to pay the cell phone bill last month (oops, that explains why they kept calling!), there was a rather big spider living in the bottom of our towel basket (which I never discovered because I never got to the bottom of the basket with daddy gone!), the weed-eater actually does start when you follow the steps (if you are a man, apparently)... I am sure there are other things, but I can't think of them right now.

We took Walker in to the Doc yesterday for swollen tonsils & glands... no fever, no infection, just REALLY big tonsils. He is on a steroid and has an appointment with an ENT next week - the same one that put his tubes in. Thankfully, Brad is here for this. He is good at remembering details and explaining them well.

Hopefully I will discover what happened to the pictures I took earlier in the week... and will be able to share them with you the next time Brad is out spending some quality time with Wilson (or Walker or both).

Truth be told - it is HARD to let him out of my sight but I know how important it is for Wil to spend some one-on-one time with Daddy. (Plus he went running before he picked Wil up from school, and well, I haven't been working out enough to keep up with him.)

OH... one more thing. Family - if you want to chat with Brad you can call my cell phone. You have ALL been awesome about 'leaving us alone' (your words not mine), but you can call if you want to... We aren't afraid to let a phone go to voice mail if we are busy... or vacuuming ;)

6 comments:

  1. How nice to have Brad home! What a blessing to have the WHOLE family together! So awesome! I guarantee that the time is going so fast...but I know that you guys are hanging onto each moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to clarify that the first comment was actually from me! I didn't know Dan was still logged on his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that all is going well. Even though we were certain the weedeater had it out for you... guess we need to up the lbs. on the weight training when we get back to the gym.
    I totally understand not wanting to let him out of your sight... I was the same way with Curry when he came home from a deployment. Enjoy the time that you have together!!! Many memories are being made... even the "simple" ones count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to read your blog. I was thinking if I didn't see something soon, I'd have to call and check in! he he! Sounds like things are going well; I'm so happy for you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love, love...lots of love.
    xox

    ReplyDelete